Experienced WordPress Developer
Are you a talented and ambitious WordPress developer? Are you looking for a new challenge working with a diverse variety of clients and brands? Do you have the ability and experience in building and maintaining innovative and progressive websites that engage, inform and inspire users?
As part of our ongoing digital expansion, we are looking for an experienced, ambitious and hard-working WordPress Front-End developer to join our busy creative studio to work closely alongside our creative and campaign teams.
You will be an experienced WordPress developer, bursting with enthusiasm and will be up to date with the latest development techniques and coding skills, with the ability to work and contribute positively and collaboratively as part of a close knit team working on a number of exciting and innovative digital projects. You will work as an integral member of our team but you must also have the ability to work independently and have a proven ability to problem-solve and find the best and most efficient solutions to a wide array of commercial website and digital challenges. You will be required to maintain a number of websites, ensuring all sites are up to kept up to date technically in terms of application software, plugins/extensions and security, plus also optimised in terms of content for SEO.
You will be required to liaise directly and effectively with our clients building pixel-perfect websites from scratch, primarily using WordPress but some experience of other platforms may be an advantage, although not essential. You must have a clear and proven ability to code and build bespoke sites and be equally comfortable developing websites using off-the-shelf commercial themes as a base for development. Crucially, you should be able to advise on the best ‘commercial’ solution to fit the technical specification requirement and client budget, and be ready to develop and build according to best-fit for the project maximising development/build and budget efficiencies wherever possible and in all areas. Versatility, adaptability and commercial awareness in your approach to developing in a challenging market is essential to this role.
Key attributes required:
- Skilled in WordPress coding, development and build
- At least 3 years’ of experience (agency experience preferred)
- Knowledge of working with commercial theme, child themes and plugins
- Awareness of Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) and Visual Composer
- Excellent UX/UI design experience
- Web usability and SEO best practice
- Content Management
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Email marketing (MailChimp, Campaign Monitor)
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and flexible approach to working hours desirable
- Some experience of other platforms i.e. Drupal [desirable but not essential]
- Some knowledge of Sketch etc.
- Ability to provide technical support and maintenance (including incumbent proprietary CMS systems using older technologies)
We are based in Chichester, West Sussex and our hours are 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday. This is an office based position is for an initial contract period of 3 months, with a view to a permanent position based on planned business development. We are open to some flexible working arrangements and would be happy to consider this after the intial contract period [at 3 months and not before]. Please note you must live a commutable distance from our office in Chichester, West Sussex, England.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and work in a dynamic and creative environment. You will have the opportunity to develop professionally and will be given the chance to contribute to an agency that continues to grow in size and reputation. Importantly, there will always be room for some fun and social downtime with the Buzzword team.
How to apply:
Please send us an email at [email protected], with an attached CV and Cover Letter, plus URL links to some of the websites you’ve been involved in the design and/or build of. We look forward to hearing from you!
No agencies please.