Closing date: 16/05/2019
Buzzword is a long established leading digital and branding agency in Chichester, West Sussex. With our team’s combined experience in design, branding, digital development and digital marketing communications we have gained a reputation for excellence and creative innovation, from which we have built an impressive list of clients both in the UK and Europe.
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and hard-working front-end WordPress designer/developer to join our busy design studio.
Are you a talented and ambitious front-end WordPress designer/developer? Are you looking for a new challenge working with a diverse variety of client brands? Do you have the ability and experience to create innovative and progressive websites that engage, inform and inspire users?
You will be bursting with enthusiasm, skills and experience, with the ability to contribute positively and collaboratively to a number of exciting and innovative digital projects. You will work as an integral member of our close-knit team but you must also have the ability to work independently using your own initiative.
You will be required to liaise directly and effectively with various clients, building websites from scratch primarily using WordPress but some experience of other platforms would be an advantage. You will have the ability to code and build bespoke sites as well as design and develop websites using off-the-shelf commercial themes as a base.
Key attributes required:
- At least 3 years’ experience in an agency environment
- Skilled in WordPress coding development and build
- Knowledge of working with child themes and plugins
- Awareness of Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) and Visual Composer
- HTML5, PHP and MySQL
- Excellent UX/UI design experience
- Web usability and SEO best practice
- Content Management
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Email marketing (MailChimp, Campaign Monitor)
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and flexible approach to working hours desirable
- Some experience of other platforms i.e Drupal (desirable but not essential)
- Some knowledge of Sketch, etc
- Ability to provide technical support (including existing proprietary CMS systems using older technologies)
You must be experienced in creating innovative and cutting-edge websites to meet a wide range of client briefs and technical requirements.
You will have at least 3 years’ experience in a creative and/or branding agency, with proven competencies in designing and building dynamic, impactful and innovative websites.
You must have very strong organisational and project management skills to deliver projects in a timely and structured manner.
£32,500 to £36,750 + Bonus + Overtime – subject to experience
Our working hours are 9am–5.30pm Monday to Friday.
In return you will receive a highly competitive salary and work in a fun, dynamic and creative environment. You’ll have the opportunity to develop professionally and will be given the chance to contribute to an agency that continues to grow in size and reputation. Importantly, there will always be room for some fun and social downtime with the Buzzword team.
We’re excited to learn about your career so far. To apply for this position, please send a covering email, attaching a copy of your CV together with URL links to some of the websites in which you have been involved, to: [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you.